We live in a society that pretty much dictates our entire lives. What you need to do, how you need to do it, and who you to become are often ideals drilled into us throughout our school careers by our elders. We are often expected to do a job simply because our parents were good at it or because that’s the path that our parents have chosen for us.
When no one supports you and you feel like you are on your own, embarking on a new season in your life can be terrifying. Always be true to yourself and your dreams and believe that what you are doing is for your good, even if it doesn’t please others.
As children, we often dream of a bright future when we leave school and become independent. While we do eventually get to that point in our lives, choosing the correct path for our lives is often difficult. We may have the training for a career that we no longer want to pursue or for a career that we never wanted to follow in the first place. Making our own decisions is the adult thing to do, but what happens if no one else agrees with you and what to do when no one supports you?
Why You Don’t Need Other Peoples Support
This is a challenging topic for discussion as we each have our own views on what support is. For some, it’s the day-to-day financial needs, while for others, it’s emotional support and acceptance of who you are and the plans you have for your life.
When informing your friends, family, and colleagues of your new plans for your life and how you will achieve them, you are often faced with negativity and sometimes scorn. This could be because your actions are going against everything they believe in to achieve a healthy, stable life.
For many people there is only one way to do something and, by changing your path and doing what you want to do for your life, you are breaking the rules and attacking their beliefs. Or, they don’t understand what you are doing, and it makes them feel uncomfortable and that you are challenging their norms.
Regardless of what anyone else feels about your life choices, the fact is, you don’t need their approval! Of course, it is always better to have the support of the people you care about, but if they can’t see or even understand your vision, it’s best to do what you need for yourself.
If you are in a relationship, you may need to compromise with your partner, but they will hopefully understand and support the changes you need to make. Here are some reasons to remind you why you can make your own decisions for your life without requiring support from anyone else.
- It’s your life, and you need to live your best life.
- Life is too short to worry about everyone else.
- The insecurities of others cannot affect your decisions.
- Believe in yourself and your dreams; anything is possible!
- You don’t need negativity; you can do this yourself.
- You cannot please anyone else, so follow your dreams!
How To Be More Self-Reliant
When deciding to go your own way and follow your dreams, you might be a pioneer and not have anyone else in your circle to help and guide you along the way. If you feel like giving up before you have even started, as you feel overwhelmed with your new life choices, try some of these suggestions to get you through the difficult times.
- Decide who you want to be and accept yourself.
- Trust yourself, take accountability, and live a life of integrity.
- Don’t conform and become what the world wants you to be. Instead, step outside of the box and be the best version of yourself.
- Be present in the moment and let go of what once was important to you if it doesn’t fit in with your new goals – look forward to your future.
- Speak what you believe into your life. Then, have the courage to follow through and stand by your decisions.
- Be true to yourself and figure out who you are. Then, be willing to keep going no matter how hard the road is.
- Have enthusiasm and program yourself to do your best.
Watch this incredible video below on self-reliance.
[Embed youtube video: https://youtu.be/PwoGpCd4DQE ]
Valid Reasons Why People May Not Support You
People can surprise you for two reasons. They either love, like, and support you, or they don’t. So the surprise is when we think that they like us when they don’t, or that they actually do like us when we didn’t believe that they did!
Generally, people will support you if they love or like you enough, even if you leave the fold to embark on your own journey. However, here are a few reasons why people may not support you and what to do when no one supports you.
- You have tried many different failed ventures with their support in the past. If this is another venture doomed to fail from the outset, you may not get the support you need. By careful planning and preparation, you may be able to convince people to support you one more time.
- People are weary of supporting you. Perhaps your new business venture is taking much longer than expected to become profitable, and they can’t afford to invest in any more ideas.
- You expect them to help you all the time, whether they can or not. So it doesn’t cross your mind that they may not want to help you anymore, and you take them for granted.
- You don’t clearly state what kind of help you need, but expect them to help anyway. If people know what you need from them, they are more inclined to support you.
- You don’t listen to people or accept good advice. But, just because they don’t understand what you are doing doesn’t mean that they cant offer advice along the way. Sometimes their advice could help you.
- They could be jealous of your ambitions and want you to fail. This person does not like you and is not on your side; stay away!
- They may not completely understand what you are doing and discourage you. Not everyone will share your vision, so choose who you share your dreams with.
- They don’t believe that what you are doing is right for you. It’s difficult for some people to see you change direction if they have invested in you previously.
- They don’t want you to give up the safety of a secure job and future. Your dream and path in life may change, which may upset their idea of what your future should be.
- They think you are giving up secure employment to pursue your hobby! Old-style thinking, but you can change your direction in life!
Starting a new venture generally requires support from someone, whether it be your spouse, a parent, or an investor. Going against the norm and stepping out onto your path requires courage and the knowledge that you may have to sacrifice your comforts for a little bit.
You will always have resistance from others who don’t understand what you are doing or who are perhaps a little jealous of you for taking this big step. The way you conduct yourself and what you believe about yourself and your dreams will determine your success. By learning to be more self-reliant and confident in your decisions, you should not need much support from others, other than perhaps, their good wishes!