When you’re first starting out with subliminal message motivation, it’s only normal to be skeptical. Subliminal messaging isn’t exactly overt, and the effects are said to be very subtle. So, how can you tell if it’s working? It’s a common issue that many newbies face.
How long do subliminals take to work? It’s important to remember that subliminal messages aren’t going to be very heavy-handed in their results. Most people can start seeing results within 26 to 30 days. Some, however, can see results earlier.
Most people who have used subliminal affirmations and commands don’t what to expect. Some are told they’re miracle-working tools that can instantly offer effects. Others claim they’re total bunk. What should you expect? Keep reading, and you’ll find out.
How Long Do Subliminals Take to Work?
If only there was an easy way to figure this out! Subliminals can vary greatly when it comes to efficacy. There are people out there who are able to feel results after only one or two sessions. However, studies show that the majority of people will need around 26 to 30 days for them to noticeably show their results.
Additional estimates show that strong results happen within 90 days of regular uses, and near-permanent changes happen after six months. Though most can see things happen after a month on average, there are other factors that can impact your ability to see change. Let’s take a closer look at this.
What Factors Impact Subliminals Ability to Work?
Studies show that there are certain things that can change subliminals’ ability to provide the results you want. These include:
- Expectations. People who expect to have subliminal messages are more likely to see results than those who don’t. If you outright deny the chance, they’ll take far longer to work.
- Openness to Change. Stubborn people are not going to be easy to persuade, even if they know they should change. Being openminded will speed things along.
- Frequency of Use. If you’re regularly using subliminals throughout the day, you’re going to see results faster than if you were just doing it once a day.
- Proper Usage. If your subliminal is a video, you need to actually watch the video to get its effects. If your subliminal is a tape, you need to listen to the whole tape.
How Long Do Subliminals Work For?
The jury is still out on this one. Studies showed that regular use can lead to long-lasting, permanent changes in one’s attitude and outlook. How long regular, prolonged use can work remains to be seen. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the motivation you get can last a lifetime.
However, scientific experiments done on advertising-style subliminal messages tells another story. According to one study, a subliminal boost (such as a flash of a photo with a word) just gives a 25-minute rush.
Overall, you can’t really put a number on the length of a subliminal message’s effect duration. Since studies vary greatly on subliminal messages used and the way they administer them to people, it’s not fair to assume that all subliminals will be the same.
How Can I Tell If Subliminal Messages Are Working?
Subliminal messages are not meant to be very noticeable when they’re working well. “Subtle” is really the name of the game here. So if you were hoping to listen to a tape and just see a complete turnaround, that’s not going to happen.
In most cases, subliminals help people do what they already wanted to do. It’s a subconscious thing. That being said, there are certain cases where you can usually tell they’re doing what you want them to do:
- You’ve been getting a yearning to work on things you’ve been delaying. A decrease in procrastination is one of the most common signs of subliminal messaging at work—especially if you chose a subliminal dedicated to career or schoolwork.
- Your stress levels decreased, even though you can’t figure out why. It could be a subliminal working on your mood. Most subliminals add some level of mood improvement as part of their services, even if they are not primarily focused on that effect.
- Though you didn’t realize it at first, you noticed that you’ve accomplished a lot more in the same amount of time. An increased level of productivity is a commonplace sign, especially if you’ve just “been craving” to do work. For example, a subliminally-induced work period might involve you feeling extra engaged at your job, which, in turn, increases your output.
- Your interest in junk food or overeating started to subside. Many people who use subliminals in dieting tend to notice that their efforts are starting to stick, when they usually wouldn’t. If you notice yourself going, “Yeah, I’m not in the mood for chips,” it could be your subliminals at work.
- Commitments are easier to stick to. If you’re used to flaking on commitments, a sudden ability to hold to your word could be a sign of change for the better.
I Don’t Think My Subliminals Are Working. What Gives?
Though it’s rare, there are cases where people just aren’t seeing the changes that they want to see when they start using subliminals. In some cases, they may just see the same level of stagnation as they started from. In rare cases, things might get worse.
Wondering what’s going wrong, or what you should do? Use this guide to troubleshoot things…
- Check to see how long you’ve been using them. It takes 30 days to see some results with most subliminals. If you haven’t been working with subliminals for too long, keep listening to them. Let them work!
- Check to see how you’ve been talking about them. If you believe in them and are open to them, then they will be more effective. If you’re constantly talking about how they don’t work, don’t be shocked if you internalize that message. Consider being more open-minded, if you’re being skeptical.
- Consider switching subliminals. Sometimes, you just end up with a dud subliminal. It happens! Trying to switch things up can help you find one that works well for you.
What Should I Expect to See From Subliminals?
Subliminals should be treated as a smart tool in your arsenal of life-improvement. While they can help your life immensely, the results they offer aren’t always easy to spot. They’re also not immediately noticeable, so don’t expect an overnight cure to what ails you.
The key thing that you should remember when you’re managing expectations is that subliminals’ work isn’t always easy to spot. With regular use and a little faith, you still will be able to see a change for the better.
Subliminals are one of those tools that people either love or hate. Though they were once considered to be a “fringe” treatment, people are beginning to embrace subliminals after scientific evidence has linked them to provable success.
If you’re looking to improve your life, using the right subliminal affirmations can be a great way to start. This is especially true if you’ve been reaching a stumbling block in your progress. But, even though they have the potential to make serious changes to your life, it’s still best to temper your expectations. After all, Rome wasn’t built in a day—and neither are major life changes.